WHAT TO EXPECT
What safety measures will you have in place?
Our safety measures are those which we are required to put in place by the Scottish Government and additional ones which we think will add to your and your fellow audience members’ safety, comfort and enjoyment of the Festival:
- • Reduced audiences in large airy venues like St Mary’s Haddington & Dunbar Parish Church
- • Very small audiences in other venues such as Crichton Collegiate Church and Stenton Church
- • Social distancing with seats in bubbles of ones (single) and twos (pairs) placed 1m apart
- • Advance booking with ‘e’ tickets emailed to you in advance of the concert to print out and bring
- • Controlled entry and exit to venues
- • Requirement for audiences and staff to wear a mask on arrival at and during concerts
- • Hand sanitizing items at entrances and exits
- • Seats will be cleaned between concerts
- • Audiences are welcome to bring their own cushion
- • Friendly ushers to guide you through your visit
- • A QR code on your seat for you to be able to log in with using your phone
- • Contact details form from ushers if you don’t have a phone (please bring your own pen)
- • No intervals or refreshments to avoid mingling
- • Customer information desk at every concert
What are your booking terms and conditions
As a requirement of booking we ask that that you please:-
- • Book seats in bubbles of 2 from the same or extended household(s)
- • Book tickets in advance at lammermuirfestival.co.uk as they will not be on sale at the venue
- • Print and bring your ‘e’ ticket with you, or have it ready on your phone or tablet
- • Consent to us sharing your contact details with NHS Scotland for track and trace
How will the seating work?
- • Tickets are bookable as single seats and bubbles of 2 (from same or extended household)
- • Any other number other than 1 or 2 tickets ie 3, 5 etc need to be purchased as single or pairs
- • All seating is unreserved within a pricing area
- • All venues, apart from St Mary’s Parish Church, Haddington, are one price
- • St Mary’s has a range of unreserved pricing areas – from A (top price) to F
- • Please sit in the seats you are guided to by the usher and please do not move seats about
- • Observe all signage and instructions from front of house staff
- • Please avoid touching seats which are not your own
- • We will do our best to accommodate access needs. Please email the box office
- • Complimentary companion tickets are available to customers who require assistance
- • Please ensure members of your bubble(s) arrive together
Will I receive tickets in the post?
Not this year. When you book your tickets at lammermuirfestival.co.uk our box office will create an account for you to log in to. Once you have made your booking you’ll find your ‘e’ tickets and any ‘e’ concert programme you have purchased here. ‘e’ programmes won’t be available until close to your concert day.
You can either download and print your ‘e’ ticket – like an airline boarding pass – and bring it with you, or download it onto your phone or tablet and show the usher on arrival. Ushers will have scanners to record attendance, so please have the QR code ready to view on arrival.
If your device is unable to find your ‘e’ ticket or you forget to print your tickets ushers will have customer lists to hand and will ask you for your postcode.
If you have any issues with your tickets please phone 0131 226 0004 or email email@example.com for help
Will I be able to buy tickets at the venue just before the performance?
Not this year. Tickets will only be available in advance, online, up until 2 hours before a performance.
As seats will be limited due to 1m spaces between seats for safe social distancing purposes please book in advance to avoid disappointment
With social distancing how well will I be able to see and hear the performers?
All venues have been selected for their stunning acoustics so everyone, everywhere will be able to hear the concert.
All venues, apart from St Mary’s, do not have any architectural features blocking views of the performance area
The seats at St Mary’s will be spaced out throughout the entirety of the venue. As a result, certain price areas will have a clear view of the stage and certain areas will have restricted views due to the pillars. Seating plans on the concert page showing all price areas
- • Audiences in Areas A, B and C will be facing the stage the customary distance away from the performance area
- • Audiences in Area D will be front facing but some distance from the performance area and will therefore be provided with two screens of the performers
- • Audiences in Areas E and F will be behind pillars to the side of the nave and will not be able to see the performance area at all. These areas will be provided with their own screen of the performance
- • Audiences in Area G for Scottish Opera will be side on to the stage and provided with a screen with surtitles
As with all concerts during non-Covid times, unless you are sitting at the very front, there will be other audience members between you and the performance area.
Will there be an interval?
We will not be offering intervals apart from during the Scottish Opera performance when we would ask you to stay by your seats unless you need a comfort break. There will be a one-way system for the toilets.
We are unable to supply Luca’s ice cream at St Mary’s or any hospitality provided by our venue hosts. Please feel free to bring your own bottle of water
Will there be toilets and a cloakroom available?
Yes. Toilets will be available at St Mary’s and Holy Trinity, Haddington; Brunton, Musselburgh and Dunbar Parish Church. Please follow guidance from signage and ushers in accessing them. They will be cleaned regularly.
There are no toilet facilities at: Stenton Parish Church, Innerwick Church, Crichton Collegiate Church or Garvald Village Hall
The Festival does not offer a cloakroom facility
Where will I be able to park?
Transport and parking options are outlined on each concert page on our web site
If you require a blue badge parking space – St Mary’s, Dunbar Parish Church and Holy Trinity, Haddington – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your concert time, date and name and your registration number. These spaces are limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis
The other venues in Stenton, Innerwick and Garvald have village on-street car parking. We will be operating a stewarded car parking system at Crichton so please look out for stewards on the road who will guide you.
The Brunton in Musselburgh has disability car parking spaces outside (which we are not in control of and so cannot reserve) and a free car park at the back.
What happens if I am late arriving?
Ushers will let you into the venue at a suitable point in the performance and seat you near the entrance. If you have come with a friend and they are already at their seat we regret that it in most cases it is most unlikely we would be able to seat you with them as this would disturb other audience members and performers. If we can, we will. We would ask you to make plenty of time for travel, parking and walking from your transport to the venue.
What happens at the end of a performance?
We ask you to remain in your seat during the event and only leave once signalled to do so by an usher. This is to ensure your safety when leaving the event and avoid overcrowding throughout the venue. We appreciate your patience and ask that you please be mindful of others throughout your visit.
What happens if Lammermuir Festival has to cancel a performance or change a performer?
The Lammermuir Festival reserves the right to change a programme, performer or venue due to unforeseen circumstances. If we have to make a change we would email customers who have booked tickets. We ask you that you check your email in the days before the concert and also on the day of the concert.
What if Covid stops me attending?
If you are unable to attend an event due to a positive covid-19 test result, or you have been required to self-isolate, or government travel restrictions have been applied, or Lammermuir Festival has to cancel a performance, we can offer an exchange or refund, whichever suits you best.
Please email email@example.com by 4pm latest the day before the performance to guarantee your refund Terms and conditions apply.
As is normal practice Lammermuir Festival reserves the right change a performer or repertoire or due to unforeseen circumstances and not issue a refund